Sunday 31 May 2015

If we were childhood friends

If we were childhood friends,
We'd play together & ride on swings.
Run around in an alley green,
Fight forever on our curious dreams.

I'll doze off hearing your explanations,
You'd get bored handling my drama occasions,
Time would fly by tolerating each other,
Annoyed or not we'd always stick together.

I'd know you better to read your mind,
To sense your heart that's soft & kind.
To erase any pain that ever shook you by,
I'll mend it all, will never let you cry.

We'd grow up together feeling aspirations new,
Wondering the secret to the morning dew.
Exploring the world side by side,
Appreciating our finds with a sense of pride.

Learning the bitter truths of life,
Stuck somewhere in this hypocritic strife,
Searching for each other in this crowd,
We'll roam around seeking peace in the world loud.

Only to miss our childhood days,
The innocent smiles over sunlight rays.
With at least one person to rely upon,
The friend who understood & never judged us wrong.

If we were childhood friends,
I'd never have left you alone to ever have a depression.
I'll take away your pain & give you my happiness in return,
You'd stay in my heart forever,
as a best friend till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment