Sunday 30 October 2016

People say I'm weird

People say I'm weird, I don't know why?
Can't a person be smart at times & yet be shy?
People laugh at me for being lost in dreams,
I wish I could tell them of my world where nature beautifully gleams.
People tell me often that I should speak up,
But aren't they the ones who sulk when I try to express myself?
People say, I should change myself,
I wonder how can they accept me as someone else, if they couldn't accept me for myself!
People see me as weak & feeble,
That doesn't stop me from being as strong as a shark & as sharp as a needle.
People often judge me for my choice of words & tone,
I don't know why they don't see the kindness on them I'm showering upon.
People tell me indirectly that I'm ugly as hell,
Is beauty something that only whiteness of the skin can tell?
People say I don't have feelings,
Maybe that's why I love them all & think of them as my own siblings.
People tell me, I should stop reading,
If only they know, that's all I have & will need, to keep myself going.
People present me with taunts covered in sugary coats,
I'm not sure do they understand, I half the time don't be paying attention at all.
People surely keep on chanting a lot of things,
All I understood is, don't bother listening, fly away somewhere peaceful with your imaginary wings.
And then again people say I'm weird, I don't know why?
All I'm doing is living my life, trying to mind my own business, waving them goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment